Saturday, July 07, 2007

28 Days Later

Monday morning around 9:30 AM I depart for Alpharetta, GA. There I will meet up with my Journey team. Twenty strangers who may have a little bit of an idea of who we are through the wonderful world of facebook. We are from all over the country from Hawaii to Indiana, and go to all sorts of different schools and have different stories, different lives, goals, experiences, but somehow all of us have one thing in common. We have no idea what we are getting into.

Too often I like to plan out the way I want my life to unfold. I plan classes, trips, what my routine is on a day to day basis, and yes most of the time I don't consult God on the everyday "normal" things. The beauty of this trip is that I have a rough idea of where I'll be, Kenya, and what I will be doing for some of the time, a sports camp, but have no clue about 90% of what is about to happen.

It puts me in a very awesome situation. I have no choice but to trust God. I have so far to go in terms of being the man that God can make me but I am loving doing this one little bit at a time. I recently watched last week's video cast of Elevation church and Steven Furtick talked about how God changes us little by little. Of course one of the first questions is... why? I mean he is God can't he change me completely and all at once? Well the answer is yeah he could. But then Steven says maybe he doesn't do this because if he did then we would have no need for God.

I may get frustrated about uncertainty or wondering why I can't do certain things yet or get over some issues that just keep bringing me down, but I don't ever want to get to a point where I think I am in complete control of myself and find no need for God.

So I leave you with something I hope speaks into your life, and what I hope God will show me in the 28 days that I'm gone.

Deuteronomy 7:21-23
21 Do not be terrified by them, for the LORD your God, who is among you, is a great and awesome God. 22 The LORD your God will drive out those nations before you, little by little. You will not be allowed to eliminate them all at once, or the wild animals will multiply around you. 23 But the LORD your God will deliver them over to you, throwing them into great confusion until they are destroyed.


No comments: