Tuesday, November 07, 2006

3:50 AM

Sunday morning, after about 3 and half hours of sleep I woke up after Trevor said my name. Somehow I shot up from bed and said "uh-oh what time is it?"

"3:50", said Trevor.

"DANG!!! we're late," I said that but we really weren't late, I have no idea actually why that was my response. We waited for Nick, loaded up, and headed back to Lexington. The weekend in Indiana was incredible! I got to hang out with Nick and Trevor for like the first time in forever and a guy named Zach from Kentucky who was cool as mess. Four guys hangin' out talkin about random stories from our past was exactly what I needed. We laughed non-stop from Thursday to Sunday, and just got to fellowship drinking Ale 81's the whole time.

Trevor's family was so cool, it seemed like a second home to me. My prayers were answered about the people of Indiana, I wanted them to be able to engage in the worship and get something out of it, and I also wanted God to show me what was going on outside of my Lexington, South Carolina bubble. I really felt like worship went well both nights, and I could feel the holy spirit. For the first time in my life I got to play music for people that I had never seen before, and I even spoke about what God had done through my life by being involved with Small Groups.

It's crazy, because I really do feel like God wants me in ministry but there hasn't been that one moment where I had total assurance that this is what God wanted and not just what I wanted. This weekend though put it all together, and God sort of put everything in front of me to see that I am heading in the right direction. I had been busy with school, and all sorts of stuff that seemed to just keep coming at me, but just being able to be away and relax let me pray and reflect on it all.

I love music, especially Jesus praising music, and getting to play it and listening to it makes me very happy. I can't speak in front of people well unless it's about God. It's weird like that but I'm boring, monotoned, and ridiculously nervous unless I'm talking about Jesus and what he can do. Thinking is one of my favorite things to do. I like to be able to brainstorm on how we christians can be more effective in preaching the Gospel and sharing the radical life changing experiences we have as Christ Followers. The best part of my life is being able to see other people come to Christ, and in this past year I have seen it a good bit and it still amazes me every time. Movie/video making is one of the coolest things I think I've done because it lets everyone know that Christians are fun and funny and can actually use technology. God allows me to wake up at 3:50AM and not say "uh all I want is to sleep I don't care about anything else" but rather I snap up and I'm like "Dang I'm late". I get fired up when it comes to doing things for God. It excites me and this weekend He took me up to Indiana to do his work. All of these seem to be a recipe for Ministry. I have no clue what it will look like but I know that I'm willing to be able to do whatever God wants.

Weekend get-a-ways are the coolest! If I had to sum all of what is up right now I would use the song "Ready Now" by Desperation Band.

"Take my hands, I lift them High, They're yours not mine to do, Do what you will"

2 comments:

Trevormiller said...

Andrew is was a pleasure my friend. I had an awesome time hanging out with you guys too. Ya'll are some of the best friends I could ever have.

Anonymous said...

Andrew, you are awesome. I've enjoyed watching your walk and the progress you have made. You have come a long way since the first time I say you at one of your first 5th quarters. You are doing great things, and you are an inspiration to many. Keep loving the Lord.