Saturday, September 15, 2007

Saturday football

Well today is another Saturday in the world of college football. This means an all day affair, of waking up watching pregame football where analysts breakdown all the games and make predictions, then watching all the games, tailgaiting and seeing tons of people (some that you didn't know would be at the game, and some that you wish you maybe didn't see), and then if you want a good seat going in the stadium about an hour early and anxiously anticipate kick-off. Some games are glorious, last week for example when the Gamecocks triumphed over the Georgia Bulldogs and even Rachel Olshine rounded up a Texas crew to cheer on the victory, and some are not so awesome, like the 0-11 season that was experienced in Lou Holtz first year. But I persevere, and tonight at 7 PM we play the South Carolina State Bulldogs, and if we lose then I think it's time to give up caring about football. Probably my favorite part of being at the game though is not really the game itself... it's the atmosphere. I love being right beside my fellas who I can readily joke with and have a good time just talking about the game, and it's good to know that we are probably thinking the same way. For those few hours we can be ridiculous and have a great time and then get tired as crap and come back to the house and eat and watch more football until we are tired. So today I am very thankful for my "mantourage" if you will, and now have to get ready for a long and exciting day.

No comments: