Thursday, October 26, 2006

Excitement

This has been quite the crazy week. I'm still very pumped because this past sunday 2 guys from me and Wade's small group accepted Christ which is awesome and I was there to pray with them, so it's just an amazing thing to be a part of. ESPN's Gameday will be in Columbia this Saturday and I hopefully will be there too, and we Play the #7 Tennessee Volunteers this weekend. That should be a good one. I'm also pretty stoked about the new series at Mount Horeb starting the Sunday after next called Deal or No Deal. It's going to be about worship and we are actually playing Deal or No Deal and I will be hosting so there is a possibility that I may go completely bald for this event. Next Thursday I'm going up to Indiana with Nick and Trevor to help lead worship which should be an awesome awesome experience. God's doing some big things, and it's been an exciting week.

Unfortunately though I have come down with some odd sickness. There is congestion and nausea and it's been hard to sleep. My mommy took me to the doctor yesterday, and I thought that I had an ear infection because I've gotten them a lot. He checked around in my ears and checked my glands and my throat and said that it didn't look infected. In fact he said that he thinks that it just may be some sort of weak virus or something that will just go away with a little time. I just had to wait it out is basically what I was told. Scary because last night I felt miserable and I was almost certain that he was wrong and I had some sort of fatal disease that was going to kill me in a short time. I seriously laid in bed from about 8:15 last night until 10:00 this morning. When I woke up I still felt bad, but after breakfast I started feeling better, and now it's 11:15 and I'm feeling pretty good. So it would appear that the doctor was right.

It takes me back to a few verses. One is James 1:2-3 "Consider it pure Joy,my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." Somehow in the midst of my sickness, when I was feeling down and when I felt useless, it wasn't hard for me to see God working. Just being able to sit back and think about what all God is doing even when I'm weak fills me with Joy and definitely makes me want to persevere. It has been a "good" sickness I guess you could say, and I'm a huge fan of the word of God spoken through James.

No comments: