Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sovereignty

One of the Beauties of college is that you get to pick every single class that you want to take. I happen to be a huge fan of 24 and do enjoy history and a little bit of political type things, so I thought it would be a good idea to take a class called Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism. Pretty cool I know.

So today we talked about counter-terrorist tacticts and there was a heated debate on whether or not we can win the war on terror, because there are tons of nations that simply will not cooperate with the "War on Terror". You see different countries and diffferent governments believe very very strongly in their "Sovereignty".

My Professor said that sovereignty is this: when a country like the US for example does what is best for the US and ignores what other nations say or do. He said that we don't use a very popular system in our government to prevent and help stop Global Warming because of the huge impact it would have on the Oil Industry and our Economy . And it's not just the US... it's any country. They are going to do what is in the best interests of their people and of their government.

God is the exact same way. He doesn't move or budge by anything we say or do. God is always doing things that are in his best interest, the Kingdom's best interest, and in our best interest.

A lot of the times we are quick to blame God for bad things that happen in our lives or we say "how could a loving God let something like 9/11 happen?" It's his sovereignty. First of all I think that Bin Laden and terrorist organizations are totally responsible, but it doesn't mean that God is not glorified through it. God wouldn't allow anything to rattle his best interest and so I think I'm starting to learn to trust more, because in all honesty I can't see the big picture and a lot of the time I have no idea what is best for me in the long haul. God will be sovereign forever and do what is best ALWAYS! No matter how we view it.

No comments: