Tuesday, October 17, 2006

getting out of a rut

So basically I've been in a rut lately. I have been letting some stupid things get to me and have been very selfish. I am letting college get to me and pretending that it is bogging me down and that all I have time for is things that I have to do. On top of this I've been trying to do it on my own... DUMB IDEA!!!! Last night I had a pretty freakin sweet time with my roommate and we watched some Rob Bell videos, which was like a breath of fresh air. It kinda snapped me back to reality and let me see the beauty of God... I know people try and rag on USC's campus and say that it's in the middle of the city and it's too busy and things like that, but right now I am looking outside of my dorm window and I have an AMAZING view of just like trees and like some cool looking houses off in the distance. If people could see what I saw and feel how I feel about my view from my room, everyone would want to live here, and everyone would see that Columbia isn't so bad after all. I had been feeling useless, down, and almost like the only one who gets it when it comes to Jesus, but I know now that it's not gonna be the case and I can feel God with me. It's crazy and Rob Bell and Nature are 2 very cool things.

No comments: