Sunday, October 22, 2006

Winner

Free Stuff... we all love it. I know I do. The first week of USC was a crazy one because right in front of one of the main buildings, the Russel House, tons of organizations and business set up these tents right in the middle of where everyone walks and gives out free stuff. It was awesome, I got a free Dominoe's lunch, free energy drinks, flashlights, pens, I mean I was stocked up on kinds of junk. I mean I even love watching other people get free stuff. It's crazy, I spent 2 hours the other night watching Deal or No Deal, and I found myself screaming at the TV and wanting people to pick "the right cases". I wanted them to get the most possible money possible, and I've never ever seen these people before.

The same can be said for my love of other people coming to Christ. One of the most emotional and happiest moments of my life was at a camp called BigStuf in Panama City, Florida this past summer. There were about 50 of us, and the last night there was an open invite and challenge to accept Christ as Lord. There were 5 people from our group that stood up, and I remember before they stood up, I was screaming inside please God let some people get this awesome gift of Grace. I didn't want anyone to miss out on this opportunity, and I was soo happy to see these people stand up that I cried. And I'm not one to cry, before this summer the last time I cried was about 4 and half years before that. Like I can remember pretty much every time i've cried in my life. It was AWESOME, and it's those moments that remind why I wake up every morning and why I don't want to see anyone lose or miss out on this breath-taking gift of salvation.

No comments: