Monday, June 18, 2007

Extra Dimension

I'm 19 years old, don't have a job, am going to college and still trying to figure out what God wants me to do, and already I'm trying to plan out my next year when I am not even halfway through this one. Yesterday I heard a pretty awesome sermon on money at Midtown Fellowship. Now don't get me wrong I'm totally content with where God has me, I'm in a situation where I can do just fine without a job and I'm blessed to be able to live the life God has given me. But as I was hearing about money I was wishing I had more to offer to God and other people. Then I started making scenarios in my head like "well if I get a job when I come back then I'll be able to give a 10% tithe and help out people who I know need help." But then this added a whole new thought process.

Well, if I have a job then I won't be able to manage school, social life, church, and job that's just too much. And I start to freak out and get stressed and wonder how in the world I am going to be able to handle it because I do know that I probably need to get a job once school starts back, for various reasons.

This morning though as I continue to read through Mark Batterson's In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day I read something that was pretty awesome. Batterson talks about how God is like a parenthesis on our lives. Meaning that he is with us in the things that we are a part of but also just before us and right after us where we can't physically be. He then talks about how God has dimensions to him that we can't even comprehend which is why a day to God can be like thousands of years or thousands of year can be like a day. There are things in this world that to us seem completely impossible to accomplish. But after reading this morning I think that is where we have to just trust God to show up. It's like if we were stuck in a 2D comic strip and were limited just left or right. It would be all that we know and then imagine if we had 3D capabilities, we would be able to jump out of our 2D comic strips and so some amazing things.

What I'm saying here is that all I know is stuck in the world that I am living in. Just things Andrew Stewart, but God knows it all and then some. So if I rely on him then I'm not going to understand how God does things, but I will be able to see some amazing things happen.

No comments: