Sunday, June 17, 2007

Panameño Extremo

Through the yearly ski trips and Chi Alpha '06, I developed a nickname that has proven to be more like myself than I could ever have imagined. Panameño Extremo tends to shine through my personna from time to time without any warning. Yesterday was one of those days.

In honor of Matt Mays's Birthday several of his loyal companions headed over to Prosperity, South Carolina to leave our mark on Lake Murray. The adventure was simple... Tube Wars. It was a deathmatch of 2 vs. 2 on single rider tubes. Rob Watson and myself commandeered one tube whilst Clint Spence and Trey Bostic were our counterparts on the other tube. Philip Mays was our fearless navigator who showed no mercy on the throttle.

Rob and I started off on the wussier tube, but held our ground long enough to cause a collision that forced both of us off of the tubes and then we took over the nicer tube. We did a few more runs in which Rob and I stayed on like true men, but then came the big daddy of them all.

We went over a huge wake and Rob was bobbing on my back with every bump, and then before we knew it, we were swung out of the wake and into unknown terrain. Then Philip swung us right into Clint and Trey and our tube completely turned over and Rob fell off. This is where my extreme nature took over. I was literally hanging on to the tube upside down trying to complete a barrel roll. It was about one of the funnest feelings I've ever had. I was skimming on the water and the tube was holding on to me for dear life. Unfortunately it was a little too difficult to turn it all the way over, but it is needless to say that any other human being would have shown so much mastery over the tube and the elements.

I love the lake.

No comments: