Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Applying Myself

A new semester means new classes, new attitudes, and new obstacles. My classes are really cool so far, some will be very challenging and some should be easy, but I'm excited because all of them interest me. God has totally changed my attitude about college so far this semester. I'm really enjoying it and I'm excited about the opportunities to be a witness that I have now. This week has been a bit crazy schedule wise because I'm trying very hard to finish my Internship applications for both BigStuf and Elevation this summer. I'm really excited about both of those incredible places, I'm hoping that I might be hired by one but I know that the odds probably aren't in my favor. It's ok though, either way I know God is gonna use me this summer in some amazing way that I don't even know about yet.

The ski trip was definitely an awesome time last weekend, hanging out with everyone and playing "blitz" with Nick was hilarious. The devotion that I did was actually a huge challenge to me. I stole the idea from Rob Bell's book Velvet Elvis, but I do find it interesting that in some translations Psalms 37:4 says "TAKE delight in the Lord". Not wait for it, but actively seek it. It's a command, not get some delight if you want some... take it. So I've been totally taking advantage of that delight that God has for us all.

There are several other things that I have been challenged to do as well. Small group as I have mentioned before is one way I definitely want to grow in and have an impact. Just over the weekend though I felt a better bond with the guys which was a blessing. Thursday at the dorm me and my roommate Josh along with Rob and Michael will be starting a new ministry that we are hoping will do awesome and bring people in the dorm to Christ called "Pancake Bible Study". Basically the idea is to cook pancakes for guys in the dorm because let's face it... you can't name one person who doesn't like pancakes, and then just have a kind of chill out time of getting to know the guys in the dorm on a more personal level and be able to share them the message of Jesus that has completely changed the four of us.

I'm just stoked about how God can rock this dorm and this campus through the servants he has here over the semester. I could really use your prayers and I definitely appreciate them. Oh, and by the way the book "It Came From Within" is a very good challenging read as well. Check it out.

No comments: