Tuesday, January 09, 2007

girls

Last night before watching the annhilation of the Buckeyes, I went to the Mount Horeb Sr. High boys basketball game. There was actually a pretty good crowd for the game and behind one of the goals a large group of Mount Horeb youth sat on a stage, most of them were girls. One thing that struck me as funny was when the ball got knocked loose in the game and bounced towards the girls. There were about 4 girls who just screamed and tried to get out of the way of the ball. Why is that funny you ask? Because if I were sitting there or most guys, then that male would have kept his cool and caught the ball in the coolest way he could and then try and make the best pass possible back to the referee.

In all honesty I don't know why girls are so different than guys in that respect. Now obviously I know that there would be some girls who wouldn't have screamed and there would have been some guys who wouldn't have been able to catch the ball, but as a general statement guys are more into sports than girls.

A lot of the times I get frustrated just like anyone else when it comes to the opposite sex because you never know what they are thinking or what is going on with them, but I realized that I think I actually like the mystery aspect to women. It would be very dull if I knew everything there was to know about women. It's similar to how I feel about God. Sometimes I just wish I knew so badly what he wanted me to do, where to go, or what to study. There are so many things about God that I don't know and that I will never know, and honestly I don't want to know everything. I wouldn't have the opportunity to show my faith by trusting what the Holy Spirit is doing in me, and I think I might would lose some of my awe for God.

I have no idea how this earth was created, but I am blown away whenever I take time to appreciate it. I don't know why I was born into the situation that I was born into, but I am trusting that God will continue to provide for me and those closest to me and am thankful that we have been blessed with enough and can give back to others. So I guess the bottom line is that a little mystery is definitely a good thing.

No comments: