Friday, March 30, 2007

Hakuna Matata

I recently decided that I was going to completely re-do a project for my Media Arts class, it is a silent film that can be no more than 3 minutes long with no sound and your own music, or it can be a Public Service Announcement that can be no longer than a minute long. My first idea I thought was actually pretty good and different, but it's insanely hard to make it look good without any dialogue. So I am making a commercial for BigStuf, hopefully it comes it out good and funny like I'm hoping... I mean I even drove all the way to Charleston today to shoot about 20 seconds of video.

I've passed out several brochures and commitment cards to people to help out with my Journey to Kenya, and got more chances to tell people about it today, I'm really hoping God does some amazing things that I wouldn't even believe with all of this. When I got home I got a very pleasant surprise in the mail. I get excited when I get mail because no one ever sends me anything. Today I got my journal that has pretty much information on anything that I would want to know about the trip. There was a really cool part on common phrases that we can use when we are there, and sure enough Hakuna Matata was on there, and I was all happy that I already knew one phrase thanks to the Lion King.

It's been a little tough though lately with the trip and I've been praying, and need to pray even more that God would just take this, but my mom hasn't really been very supportive so far, in a way I can understand that she is worried and doesn't want anything to happen to me, but also it's hard to not have her being happy and thankful for the opportunity that God is giving me. I know she wants me to do awesome things but it can be tough at times when she doesn't show it.

I'm really excited though about all of the cool things going on right now. Chi Alpha is coming up which last year was just amazing, and I know this year will not dissapoint. Also tomorrow with the student leadership team and video team we will be making a video that will go along with Nick's next talk on Elijah and it will also be great. If you want to know how to survive in Lexington then you will want to see this video.

2 comments:

Will and Sarah said...

What a small universe young Andrew, for we to are in the Captains Quarters. Quarters C36 to be exact. The Captain sends his regards and a barrel of rum.

What quarters did you guys stay in and how are you connected to this place?

Unknown said...

You will have to show us how the project turns out. You are totally awesome at video.