Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Verdict

Today, (actually yesterday since it is now 2AM) was decision time for Bigstuf. The assembled a 16 member team to intern their camp this summer. Sorry to have dragged out the suspense this long as to whether I'm in or out. The final decision is that I will not be one of the interns this summer. When I first read the e-mail I have to be honest, I was pretty upset. My roommate could tell and he was kind of quiet and tried to cheer me up by offering a Halo session to me. I think I took it well though, I understand that it's tough for them to make a decision like that because they haven't physically met anyone who applied, but I know that they definitely were very careful as to pick who they thought God wanted to be there this summer. God's got things in store for me this summer that will hopefully include a trip to BigStuf but not as an intern.

Moving on from the bad news. BigStuf actually gave my application stuff to Journey. Journey is a missions part of BigStuf that focuses solely on serving in Kenya, Africa. I spoke with Suzanne who was pretty awesome in explaining what Journey does. Building relationships with the Kenyans is key to what they do. She said that she would really like for me to join their team which is leaving on July 9th and returning August 6th of this summer. It really does sound like an incredible opportunity, it will be a big decision to make because I will be away in a foreign country for a month, completely out of my normal life. I asked her to give me this weekend to think and pray about it.

I have done a lot of thinking and praying already and the next step is to see what my mom thinks, and get the opinions of those closest to me, to weigh in. I think I have a pretty good idea already of whether or not I'm going but I don't want to rush it without weighing it all out.

So with that said I will let everyone know by Monday.

1 comment:

Megan said...

so..you already know how pumped i am for you, i think it's pretty obvoius since i woke up the grandparents last night just to hear about it. okay, i dont think i actually woke them up...but i definitely heard voices in the next room and felt STUPID. and guess what i did this morning?? there was a glass pitcher of "milk" for my cereal..yeah, turns out it was CREAM!!!!!!!!!