Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Accountable

One of the coolest thinks about being a christian is meeting other christians out there who share the same goal. To know Christ, and to make Christ Known. I am very fortunate to share a room with a guy who is passionate about Jesus and wants people to know it.

In my journey since becoming a christian 5 years ago, one of the things that has helped me most in terms of growth and struggling with sin has been having someone to hold me accountable. For example last night it was getting to be pretty late, and I had told Josh that I wanted to have a quiet time. After working for a really long time on school work I was ready to just go to bed and forget about God for the night. My roommate, fortunately, asked me before I went to sleep if I had my quiet time, and when I said no he then pulled out his Bible, and began to do his quiet time.

That's all he had to say for me to get out my Bible and spend some time with God. It's a little thing I know, but it's so cool to know that he cared to even ask. A lot of friends don't have an open relationship like that. It is key to have one of those relationships, because both he and I have told each other what we struggle with, what we think God wants us to do about it, and then ask one another to help us get through the problems.

Both of us in essence are saying similar things to what we have confessed to Jesus. I can't do it on my own, I need help! We both recognize that if we don't trust God and then have each other to help along the way, then we are risking a lot. It also says that we both want to glorify God. We aren't content with where we are, but we constantly want to improve our lifestyle in order to show the power of Christ's sacrifice.

If you don't have at least that one person who you can talk to about anything or who can check up on you in any area, then please pray about it, because God can do some amazing things through his people.

No comments: