Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Last Week

Tonight at the Horeb we had our Christmas party, Mexican themed with Nacho Libre. Good Stuff. I briefly translated numbers in Spanish which generated a few laughs and it was fun to see three girls beast a piƱata. It's good to have a break from volunteering at the Horeb because it lifts a little bit of the load and allows me to relax in between trying to cram everything I've learned this semester to do well on my exams. It's cool to be able to also take that time and just tweak the way things are going between me and God right now and really focus on how I can contribute to the kingdom once we start up the next semester.

Matthew has an example of what was goin on.
Matthew Chapter 8: 23-26
23Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24Without warning, a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Lord, save us! We're going to drown!"

26He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

I had let a storm come in and honestly I was freakin out about the way things were going last week. I was thinking "How can I get a paper done, study for tests, be there for my family, keep my friends in mind and hold everyone accountable, make time for God, work out, figure out what classes to take next semester, do a presentation, and still make it to class?". And all the while I'm wondering where is Jesus? Why is this hard?

Jesus was probly sleeping, because I was just like one of his disciples, lacking in the faith area. It was pretty much impossible for me to calm the storm without trusting him, so this past weekend I took a break, I joined Jesus in just chillin. It completely reversed everything. It has been amazing to see everything fall into place after having a good weekend relaxing and just talking to Jesus and letting him know that I trust him with it all. He does pretty good work too. I guess I need to know that even when things get rough and the waves are crashing into my boat that Jesus can just calm the storm in a second if he wanted.

No comments: