Thursday, May 17, 2007

Boo For No Show-ers

So today I called up the fellas for small group and told them to meet me at Firehouse subs so that we could talk about the awesomeness found within the words of James. I got there about 10 minutes early, ordered me some food, got my food and started eating it, and then Devin showed up right at 6:30 when we normally start.

He ordered his delicious sub and then sat down with me and we waited for about 20 minutes eating and just talking. By that point I realized that probably no one else was coming, and I was kind of bummed because I love me some James and I wanted to know what they thought about it. My bummed-out feeling was gone pretty soon though because for the first time I got to have some one on one time with Devin and it was really cool. For the first time I felt like I was actually having an impact on someone's spiritual life directly, he told me something that was on his mind and it was cool for him to be comfortable to tell me what he was going through, and fortunately God had just the right things to say to him through what God's been teaching me lately. We did even talk a little James and it was a successful small group even though the attendance was one person.

I gotta run because it's 2AM and that means Boy Meets World is on... (yes i do still like that show). So good night!

1 comment:

Megan said...

weirdo. i thought you were gonna say something normal like "it's 2am and i gotta sleep." then again, why would i expect anything normal from you?