Monday, May 21, 2007

Consistency

I think this may be a marathon on right now, but I'm watching back to back episodes of Survivorman. Since Trevor Miller introduced me in Indiana, I have become a big fan. Les Stroud goes to some crazy places around the world and teaches you how to survive for a week. Maybe it's a macho thing that draws me and digs deep into some manly love of nature and conquering crazy odds, but all I really know is once I start watching I can't stop.

Today and the past few days have been amazing and much needed in the life of Andrew Stewart. I've been able to mix fun and relaxation with some serious growth and consistency with spending time with God. One of my many struggles has been to find a time to spend with God everyday. For the past several days I've found that at night time before I get sleepy tired is my favorite. My house is quiet at around 10 or so, so I just go to my room and read the word, pray, think about what's going on and what the next step God wants me to take is. I've also finally been getting around to read Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell and it's very good in my opinion. I'm not sure if I agree with everything he says, but that's ok and he even says that. He's simply starting conversations and thought processes. I just pray that I keep this up for good and if I find that night isn't good that I would change the time of day to give to God.

Speaking of consistency, I checked out Midtown last week and this week, and I do believe I'll be going there very more frequently. It's at a good time 7PM and it's really a place that I feel like I can be very effective. I'm still praying through and seeing if God wants me to be a part of it, but so far so good.

Consistency is a nice thing to have mixed in with the changing world we live in and I'm even blogging more which has been good to get some of my thoughts out. Well back to Survivorman and then lights out.

1 comment:

Megan said...

i may be joining you at midtown in the fall :)