Sunday, May 13, 2007

Yay for James!

Relaxation has been hard to get this first week of summer just because I have decided to stay awake until 3AM several nights pulling some pranks. Last night though I went to bed at like 12 and woke up at about 10:30. Glorious!

This week for small group I will be leading our discussion on James. Hopefully the fellas at least will have glanced at it because James is one of my all time favies. It's full of all kinds of God inspired goodness and I am enjoying rereading it.

I'm pretty excited about a "project" I have this week. Well I don't know if I can call it a project, but I do get to make the Senior Video for the Mount Horeb Graduates this week and it will be the first time that I get paid to make media, so it's a pretty sweet opportunity and I hope that I can do a good job at it. I feel like media is my calling, and I guess this week is my first test.

So I will leave you with this little nugget from James 1:27

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

Amazing how religion has gotten to where it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"little nugget" :)